somebodystrange has perpetuated The Interview Meme.
Rules are as follows: You comment on this entry requesting an interview. I respond with five questions. The questions will theoretically be tailored to you based on what I know of you (or want to know). You copy and paste those questions into your own journal, and write the answers, along with these rules. Anyone wanting an interview from you continues the game by requesting an interview from you.
1. What moment in your life makes you the proudest?
When I hit one, I'll let you know. I'm not a big fan of "pride"—I think there's a definite reason it's one of the Seven Deadlies—and as such, it's not a lens I look through often. This undoubtedly speaks to some larger condition of my psyche, but I leave an examination/identification of it to others. (That said, beating Chris Bonneau was definitely a thrill.)
2. You are given the all-expenses-paid opportunity to travel anywhere in the world with any one person you choose; money is not an object and you can do whatever you want and stay as long as you like. Where do you go, who do you take, and why?
Antarctica. Why Antarctica? It's always held a fascination, I suppose—someplace that cold and inhospitable just kind of appeals to me; besides, do you know anyone who's been there? I'd like to stay long enough to reach the Pole, then I'd get the hell out. As for who I'd take with me...it would have to be someone I know, but not necessarily all that well, and someone who won't mind the cold; additionally, it would have to be someone whose nerves I won't get on, and who won't get on mine. Any volunteers?
3. Imagine there exists an omnipotent, omniscient, benevolent God. You have the opportunity to ask Him one question, but He will ask one in return. Obviously, he will know the answer, but by asking it, He will cause you to consider something you probably have not truly considered before. (In other words, get introspective on me.) What do you ask Him, and what does He ask you?
Me: Why do I hate myself so much?
Him: What will it take for you to ever forgive yourself?
4. In your opinion, who are the five most underrated actors/actresses in the business today? Five most overrated? Three most underrated directors? Three most overrated?
5. A movie is going to be filmed about your life, and the characters involved will be from your LiveJournal. Cast the movie (including yourself) with celebrities. (Feel free to cast non-traditionally.)
OK, for a while now I've been going back and forth on the me character: the ideal, I think, would be the impossible spawn of Jack Black and Phillip Seymour Hoffman; if I had to pick only one, though, I'd go with Hoffman.
bdar will be ably played by Zach Braff (particularly after having seen Garden State); hssst will be played by Jennifer Garner because they're both ninja assassin superspies; for somebodystrange, Billy Bob Thornton (yes, really); serendipidy, Naomi Watts, as long as there are no follow-up questions;arettber is given to the previously-mentioned capable hands of James Spader; Audrey Tautou as adickers (don't ask why, it just works, OK?); supercouple wooddealer and jrstraus will be presented by real-life supercouple Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston; and for duck2ducks, I'm put in mind of John Cusack for reasons obscure.
Directed by Joel Coen from a screenplay by Joel and Ethan Coen.
I've gotta say, that last question is ten orders of magnitude harder than it seems on the surface.