February 16th, 2005
An activity for today.
Behind the cut is a list of (fake) song titles that answer questions raised in other songs/song titles. How many of the actual songs can you identify by the time I get home from work?
Little-Known Song Titles That Answer Questions Posed in Better-Known Songs.
JACOB SAGER WEINSTEIN
- "Yes, We Are Well Aware It Is Christmas. Please Stop Calling Us"
- "I Wrote the Book of Love, but Unfortunately, Due to Improper Copyright Registration, It Has Since Lapsed Into Public Domain"
- "The Bop Was Put in the Bop-Shoo-Bop-Shoo-Bop by Bristol-Myers Squibb, an International
Consortium Dedicated to Improving Public Health Through Access to Medicine and Bop"
- "Love Has Everything to Do With It If, By 'It,' You Mean Romantic Relationships, but Significantly Less If You Were Talking About Auto Repair"
- "It Is Good for Defending Oneself Against Territorial Aggression. That's What It's Good For"
- "I Am Afraid That It Is Your Unpleasant Personality That Has Been Preventing Me From Loving You, Rather Than Any Previous Inability to Dance"
- "I Am the Individual Listening to This Song. I Am the Individual Listening to This Song. I Said, "I Am the Individual Listening to This Song." I Just Answered That. I Said I Just Answered That! Are You Even Listening? I'm Going Now"
- "The Answer to Your
First Query Is That Love, Like All Emotions, Is Inherently Irrational, and Thus Seems Particularly Well-Suited to Be Felt by Fools. I Decline to Answer Your Second Query, on the Grounds That It Is Homophobic"
- "I Is Ain't, and Will Continue to Ain't for the Foreseeable Future"
- "$57 (MSRP As Shown. Waggly Tail Extra. Delivery Charges May Apply.)"
- "Yes, Although Less So Than the Night Before"
- "Yes, We Are Not Men. I Mean, No, We Are. I Mean— Oh, Never Mind"
- "Not Surprisingly, It Feels Much Like Being a Rolling Stone"
- "58 Miles (93.342 Kilometers)"
- "No, You Never Told Me That. Thanks, Though"
- "The Latter of the Two Possibilities You Have Described Is the Correct One"
1. "Do they know it's Christmas after all? (Free the world)
2. "Who wrote the book of love?"
3. "Who put th bop in the Bop-Shoo-Bop-Shoo-Bop? Who put the sham in the shama-lama-ding-dong?"
4. "What's Love got to do with it?"
6. "Do you love me now that I can dance?"
8. "Why do fools fall in love? (Why do birds sing so gay?)" : )
9. "Is you is or is you ain't my baby?"
10. "How much is that doggy in the window?"
15. "Have I told you lately that I love you?"
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 09:03 pm (UTC)|| |
7.Who could it be now?
11. Will you still love tomorrow?
14. Blowin' in the wind.
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 06:25 pm (UTC)|| |
Say it again, y'all
Actually, I believe the correct wording of question five is: "Absolutely NUTHIN'!"
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 06:28 pm (UTC)|| |
And Seven is totally,
"Whoooooo are you? Who-who? Who-who??"
By ... The Who. My dad loves to listen to this group and then ask people "who's this song by?" Try it, and watch hilarity ensue, Who's on first - style. (Note: this can also be effectively executed when listening to songs by Yes.
do you know the way to san jose?
1, do they know it's christmas?
2. who wrote the book of love?
3. who put the bop in the bop she bop she bop?
4. what's love got to do with it?
5. war (what is it good for?)
6.do you love me?
7. who are you?
8. why do fools fall in love?
9. is you is or is you ain't?
10. how much is that doggy in the window?
11. will you still love me tomorrow?
12. no idea
13. how does it feel? (to be on your own...a complete unknown...)
14. no idea
15. have i told you lately that i love you?
16. no idea
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 06:35 pm (UTC)|| |
Others that loosestrudel hasn't yet covered:
11. Will you still love me... tomorrow?
13. Bob Dylan: How does it feel? (... to be on your own, like a rolling stone)
14. How many miles must the white dove fly before he can sleep in the sand? (This is a meagre attempt, at best, because really this would only be the question if the answer were blowing in the wind, my friend).
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 06:44 pm (UTC)|| |
And OHMYGOD. The web site you got this list from is HYSTERICAL. I'm falling out of my chair. Other lists of note: "Ways in which my life is like pac man's", "Ways in which she could have blinded me with science", and "Revised Titles of Love Songs I Wrote About the Shitty Bookshelf I Purchased From Wal-Mart (in Chronological Order)".
hannibalv, you're the coolest.
|Date:||February 16th, 2005 07:06 pm (UTC)|| |
12. Are we not men? We are Devo!