December 29th, 2006
Because I know at least loosestrudel wants to know...
1. I'd rather fuck who I want than kill who I am told to! "Fuck or Kill", Peaches.
2. Leave me alone. I'm in control. I'm in control. "Take It or Leave It", The Strokes.
3. It's so cold in this house. "Like Eating Glass", Bloc Party.
4. You promised me the ending would be clear; you'd let me know when the time was now. "Bring Me The Disco King", David Bowie.
5. You can keep your black tongue. Well, I found out the mortuary. "Black Tongue", The Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
6. Punk show! Mom won't know! Run out the back door; he's passed out on the floor. "Anthem", blink-182.
7. She knows nothing at all about nothing. The moment I saw her was something. "I'll Do The Driving", Fountains of Wayne.
11. Knocked up nine months ago, and what she fitting to have, she don't know. "The Seed [2.0]", The Roots.
13. You only see what your eyes want to see. "Frozen", Madonna.
16. You heard that we were great, but now you think we're lame, since you saw the show last night. "All The Kids Are Right", Local H.
17. I think I'll go home and mull this over 'fore I cram it down my throat. "Caring Is Creepy", The Shins.
18. I got a letter from the government the other day; opened it, read it, it said they were suckers. "Black Steel", Tricky.
19. The waiting drove me mad; you're finally here and I'm a mess. "Corduroy", Pearl Jam.
20. I don't want to move too fast, but, can't resist your sexy ass. "Spread", Outkast.
21. Sucker love is heaven-sent, you pucker up, our passion's spent. "Every You Every Me", Placebo.
22. Pretty little hairdo don't do what it used to. "Save It For A Rainy Day", The Jayhawks.
23. Well, I miss my mother, and I miss being her son. "I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet)", The White Stripes.
25. Yours is the only version of my desertion that I could ever subscribe to. "PDA", Interpol.
26. I've been trying to tell you, over and over. Look at these, my child-bearing hips! "Sheela-Na-Gig", PJ Harvey.
28. You can run on for a long time. "God Will Cut You Down", Johnny Cash.
Editorial comments on any or all available upon request.
|Date:||December 29th, 2006 11:37 am (UTC)|| |
I don't know the song, but was sure that 6 was Blink-182.
17 and 19 are fine examples of songs where the music overwhelms the lyrics for me...I like both songs, but usually only play attention to the instrumentation.
I didn't know any of the others at all.
Dude, you need the Roots in your life. Seriously. I'm calling for an injection of 100cc of "Phrenology", stat. "The Seed [2.0]" and "Sheela-Na-Gig" are my two favorite songs on this list.
Should have known 2, 17 and 19. Really should have known the Pearl Jam tune. It's probably my favorite Pearl Jam tune after all.